- Item 6537 - Elks Club, Lewiston, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Androscoggin Historical Society
- Item 6537
- 4188px x 3409px - 14.0"w x 11.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Androscoggin Historical Society
The Elks Club at the corner of Middle and Ash Streets in Lewiston, circa 1910.Show Details
Lewiston Lodge #371 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks was established on July 7, 1897. The group first met at 36 Lisbon Street, and purchase the lot at Ash and Middle streets on November 23, 1905, and soon constructed a lodge there.
Their exalted rulers have included former Maine governor James B. Longley.