- Item 64394 - Strong Public School and Randall-Thomas Gymnasium, Strong, ca. 1951
- Contributed by Strong Historical Society
- Item 64394
- 4867px x 3049px - 16.2"w x 10.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Strong Historical Society
Dedicated on August 26, 1951 this new school served as elementary, junior high and high school, in a modern facility with state-of-the-art furnishings and equipment. For the first time theatrical productions, indoor sporting events and hot lunches could occur in the school facilities. For the first time extra-curricular activities were also available for junior high students.Show Details
In 1969, Mt. Abram Regional High School consolidated high school students from five northern Franklin County towns, including Strong, into one campus, and Strong Public School was converted to an elementary and middle school.