- Item 58172 - G.A.R. Post No. 134, Strong, ca. 1890
- Contributed by Strong Historical Society
- Item 58172
- 3360px x 4328px - 11.2"w x 14.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Strong Historical Society
Meeting in the upper level of the J. D. Vaughan building in the village, Post No. 134 of the Grand Army of the Republic, Department of Maine had an active membership representing the surrounding area. G.A.R. was a fraternal organization of the veterans of the Civil War who fought as Union soldiers.Show Details
The lower level of the building housed, on the left, the shop of C. B. Richardson, a jeweler. On the right was E. H. Vaughan, a clothing and shoe dealer.