- Item 57415 - Hotel Strong, Lower Main Street, Strong, ca. 1902
- Contributed by Strong Historical Society
- Item 57415
- 4225px x 3259px - 14.1"w x 10.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Strong Historical Society
Hotel Strong on lower Main Street was built during the 1850s by Jeremy W. Porter (1820-1904). This building was acquired along with Porter's Mill, by Charles Forster who first used it as a boarding house for executives visiting his new business, Forster's Toothpick Company. Soon Hotel Strong was in business, operated by the company.Show Details
Dr. Charles W. Bell used a portion of the hotel as a 16-bed hospital from 1910-1937.
The building was demolished in 1969.