- Item 39928 - Gothic House, Portland, ca. 1850
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 39928
- 4200px x 3300px - 14.0"w x 11.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
This house at 86 Spring St. in Portland was actually named "Gothic House," reflecting its architectural style.Show Details
It belonged to Nellie O. Fox of Santiago, Cuba, widow of Carlos P. Fox. It was sold in 1903 to Carola P., Sara P. and Carmen E. Fox for $250.00.
Irish architect Henry Rowe designed the structure in 1845.
It was moved to 387 Spring St. by Greater Portland Landmarks in 1971. This house is now known as the John J. Brown House and is designated as an historic house on the National Register of Historic places.