- Item 34332 - The Bessie Parker Shipwreck, Lubec, 1906
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 34332
- 4700px x 3040px - 15.7"w x 10.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
The postcard reads, “This is the wreck at the old Wallace place, The Bessie Parker.” The ship's name can be seen on the ship’s bow. Wallace Cove is in South Lubec, off Boot Cove Road closest to the south side of Jim’s Head. The shipwreck occurred on October 7, 1906. She was sailing from St. John, New Brunswick to New York.Show Details
The postcard is signed “Addie,” mailed from Lubec on November 15, 1906, to Mrs Alvery(?) Wallace in Rocque Bluffs, Maine.