- Item 34321 - Dummer House, Dummer's Lane, Hallowell, 1968
- Contributed by Hubbard Free Library
- Item 34321
- 5837px x 5837px - 19.5"w x 19.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Hubbard Free Library
The Dummer House on Dummer's Lane was built by Judge Nathaniel Dummer in 1792. Ephraim Ballard, surveyor and husband of midwife Martha Ballard, helped raise the frame. Judge Dummer was a veteran of the American Revolution and Hallowell's first postmaster. The Mary Kelton Dummer Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution was named after the judge's wife.Show Details
The building fell into disrepair and was restored in the late 1960s by Linda Bean, granddaughter of L.L. Bean.