- Item 33803 - Guilford Manufacturing Company Mill, Guilford, 1896
- Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
- Item 33803
- 4797px x 3129px - 16.0"w x 10.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Guilford Historical Society
This 1896 photo shows the Guilford Manufacturing Company Mill located on School Street in Guilford. It is the current site of Hardwood Products. This was a sprawling complex which extended much further up the Piscataquis River than the current mill. Logs were floated down the river from other towns and logging operations upstream. The white building in the background, to the far right, was the Chadbourne Farm, located across the river. A large gambrel barn was added later. The house and barn still exist today and the property is presently owned by Stub & Nena Schultz.Show Details