- Item 33634 - Nathan Ellis House, Blue Hill ca. 1880
- Contributed by Blue Hill Historical Society
- Item 33634
- 4259px x 3337px - 14.2"w x 11.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Blue Hill Historical Society
This house at the corner of Main Street and Union Street in Blue Hill was built about 1810 by Nathan Ellis. He was a shipowner, member of the legislature, and town clerk. He was also a merchant and kept a store at the house. Later in the 19th century the house passed through several other owners before being razed in 1895 to make way for the new Town Hall which now occupies this site. A town bandstand stood on the corner in front of the house for some years in the 19th century.Show Details