- Item 31822 - St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, West Lubec, ca. 1930
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 31822
- 4960px x 2886px - 16.5"w x 9.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
The first Catholic church in the Lubec region was St. Mary’s built in the adjacent Town of Trescott in 1852, along what became County Route 189, at a site which is the Chapel Cemetery as of 2010. According the the book “200 Years of Lubec History 1776-1976,” “people had begun to move into West Lubec and Lubec, and it became necessary to centralize a church.” St. Patrick’s Church was thus built along the same route at the junction with Crow’s Neck Road.Show Details