Item 31691 - Flatiron Corner, Lubec, ca. 1890
- Item 31691 - Flatiron Corner, Lubec, ca. 1890
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 31691
- 4860px x 2947px - 16.2"w x 9.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
This view looks approximately west along the road into Lubec, later Main Street and County Route 189. 189 turned left at the junction in near distance, the starting point of Washington Street. This junction forms a triangular area known locally as Flatiron Corner.Show Details
The distant dormered building to the left became a restaurant about 1970. Opposite across the road is a building known as the Forewinds House, in mid Twentieth Century the Sherman Denbow property, and late in the century the Gerrish home. On the far right Diamond Point appears across the water of Johnson Bay, and in the farther distance North Lubec.