- Item 31399 - Centennial on Main Street, Lubec, 1911
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 31399
- 4740px x 3010px - 15.8"w x 10.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
Buildings in Lubec decorated for the 1911 centennial celebration. The prominent George Mowry house was later bought by a Mr O’Brien from Vermont who moved it by barge to Stonington. The Masonic Lodge to the left was dedicated on September 27, 1855. According the the 1892 book “History of Washington Lodge No. 37” written by James McGregor, the building was 26 x 46 feet and cost $2,000. The Lubec Masons formalized their organization on January 10, 1822, meeting in Elijah Stearns’ Maine Hotel until 1839, then the “Clapp House” until 1855. The Masonic Hall remains in regular use as of 2012.Show Details