- Item 29342 - Parker Point Golf Club, Blue Hill, ca. 1912
- Contributed by Blue Hill Historical Society
- Item 29342
- 4460px x 3246px - 14.9"w x 10.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Blue Hill Historical Society
The original Parker Point clubhouse was built in 1912 for $600 by the Parker Point Golf Company. It was a small, one story building, 30 feet by 34 feet, with a piazza of 10 by 30 feet. Other additions followed but the basic building served its members for eighty years. The Parker Point Golf Club added tennis with one court in 1912 and two by 1915. The golf course itself expanded in 1920 with purchase of 69 additional acres from Nellie H. Sweet. The name was changed to the Blue Hill Country Club in 1928. In 2007, the first clubhouse was torn down to make way for a new one completed in 2008.Show Details