Item 26680 - McArthur House, Saco, ca. 1895

Item 26680 - McArthur House, Saco, ca. 1895
Contributed by Dyer Library Archives / Saco Museum
Item 26680
McArthur House, Saco, ca. 1895
Zoom
5502px x 4172px - 18.3"w x 13.9"h @ 300dpi  |  Need a larger size?
*Credit line must read: Collections of Dyer Library Archives / Saco Museum
Image Info

This house at 90 Middle Street, Saco, was built ca. 1820 by Joseph Leland, the builder of Thornton Hall.

John Locke, Saco School Superintendent, lived here, as did his daughter, Almira Locke McArthur, whose husband, George McArthur, was the son of Robert McArthur, benefactor of the McArthur Library in Biddeford.

Show Details