- Item 26614 - The Lucette, Thomaston, ca. 1970s
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26614
- 3062px x 4650px - 10.2"w x 15.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
Captain Thomas Williams owned the mansard-roofed home built by Andrew McFarland in 1876 on East Main Street. The building replaced an existing house built by Sullivan Dwight in 1819.Show Details
Capt. Williams’ son, Captain Theodore Colley Williams, was killed in action in Soisons, France in July 1918, and his name was honored by the American Legion’s Williams-Brazier Post.
Dr. Irville Luce, a dentist, later purchased the home, and lived here with his wife and their two children. One of his daughters operated the house as a Convalescent home, known as The Lucette.