- Item 23988 - Congregational Church and Episcopal Church, Bar Harbor ca. 1910
- Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
- Item 23988
- 1101px x 699px - 3.7"w x 2.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Jesup Memorial Library
The Congregational Church, shown in the center, is located on Mount Desert Street in Bar Harbor. The church was built in 1888 in the 'shingle style' designed by architect William Ralph Emerson. The original church burned in 1942.Show Details
St. Saviour's Episcopal Church, pictured on the left, was built in 1878 and enlarged in 1886. A Louis Comfort Tiffany three panel stained glass altar window was donated to the church by a Philadelphia man. Many other church members donated windows. Today the church has eleven Tiffany windows.