- Item 16622 - Lincoln School, Springvale, ca. 1890
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 16622
- 4696px x 3171px - 15.7"w x 10.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
The original part of the building to the left was built as a grammar school. The bell tower and wing to the right were added about 1892.Show Details
From 1888 until 1911 the school also served as Springvale High School. In the latter year the high schools were consolidated in what is now Emerson School in Sanford.
Lincoln School continued to be used as a grammar school until 1921. It was torn down a few years later. The building stood on a rise of land on which Notre Dame Church is now located.