- Item 16508 - Longfellow School, School Street, Sanford, ca 1895
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 16508
- 4319px x 3414px - 14.4"w x 11.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
Longfellow School, School Street, Sanford, ca 1895. This school was built on the site of an earlier school in 1888. From then until 1902 it served as both a high school and grammar school for Sanford village. It continued as a grammar after the new Sanford High School in the Emerson School building was opened in September 1902. The building was demolished in the 1970's. In 2005, this location was the parking lot next to the Sanford Post Office.Show Details