- Item 15874 - School Street looking toward Washington Street, Sanford, 1902
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 15874
- 4321px x 3461px - 14.4"w x 11.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
Frank Broggi's store on the square is the building in the background, left. The stone building, center, with the arches windows was the home of the Sanford National Bank from the time it was built in 1896 until the bank moved to a new home on Main Street in 1914. From 1915 until 1918 it was the home of the Sanford Trust Company. After the new Trust Company building was completed on the square in 1918, the stone building housed law and other offices. In 1954 it became the first home of the Sanford-Springvale Chamber of Commerce. It was demolished in May 1970. The four-story Leavitt built in 1901 can be seen through the trees at right.Show Details