- Item 105237 - Main entrance to Maine General Hospital, Portland, ca. 1960
- Contributed by Maine Medical Center Archives
- Item 105237
- 4250px x 3421px - 14.2"w x 11.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Medical Center Archives
The entrance to Maine General Hospital was on Arsenal Street and had a circular driveway. The portico was added to the entrance in 1903 at the same time a new surgical pavilion was build to accommodate new procedures and meet modern standards. The portico was removed in 1974 when the Southern Maine Radiation Therapy Institute was built.Show Details
This photograph was taken from an upper level of the 1956 Pavilion when Arsenal Street was closed.