- Item 100410 - Raymond Howard in Howard's Drygoods Store, Dixfield, 1965
- Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
- Item 100410
- 6064px x 3855px - 20.2"w x 12.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Dixfield Historical Society
Raymond Howard (1907-1993) and his wife Clara Stetson Howard (1910-2008) owned and operated Howard's Drygoods Store, located in the Harlow Block on Main Street in Dixfield, from the 1930s through the 1960s.Show Details
Howard's Drygoods Store provided all manner of clothing, footwear, sewing notions, cloth, and general household items to the townspeople of Dixfield. In this image, Raymond Howard is shown in the clothing section of the store. Many school children got their new school shoes and "Ship n Shore" blouses at Howard's.
For nearly forty years, Raymond and Clara Howard ran the store, and were an important part of Dixfield's commercial community. They participated in many town functions and groups. Raymond retired in 1971 and the store became Dunton's Store. The Harlow block was razed in 1979.