- Item 100139 - Rockland Water Co. Mill, Rockland, ca. 1875
- Contributed by Rockland Historical Society
- Item 100139
- 5021px x 3192px - 16.7"w x 10.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Rockland Historical Society
This is a view of the old mill and mill pond on West Meadow Road where it crosses Meadow Brook near Blackington's Corner in the Highlands of Rockland.Show Details
Isaiah Tolman built the grist mill in the 1700s and served farmers from as far away as Warren, since the waters from Tolman's Pond (Lake Chickawaukie) never went dry.
The Rockland Water Co. purchased the mill in 1850 and used as a pumping station. The mill burned in the Grass Fire of 1915.
The old Tolman Cemetery is visible on the horizon on the left.