- Item 9048 - Pulp Mill, Skowhegan, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Skowhegan History House
- Item 9048
- 4483px x 3391px - 14.9"w x 11.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Skowhegan History House
"Taken from pier in river, looking east. Old Farwell residence may be seen high on bank at left, now occupied by Mr. & Mrs. Harold C. Woodbury.Show Details
A glimpse of water pouring over Skowhegan dam may be seen at right. Top of Kidder mill shows over the pulp building. Chimney at left was built by H. C. Purinton & Company, of Waterville. During its construction ten feet in elevation was built in one day. This was supposed to be a record in structures of this character.
The pulp mill in this picture, the Kidder mill and the buildings beyond are now occupied by the Daniel E. Cummings Company.
~Roland T. Patten, Custodian of Historical View, 1929"
Henry A. Wyman Collection