- Item 82361 - Fire at Samoset House on Mouse Island in Boothbay Harbor, 1913
- Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
- Item 82361
- 6580px x 4157px - 21.9"w x 13.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boothbay Region Historical Society
The guests, their belongings, and many of the furnishings of the Samoset House on Mouse Island escaped the fire that burned the hotel to the ground in 1913. Developers from Skowhegan had bought Mouse Island in Boothbay Harbor's outer harbor in 1875. They built the Samoset House two years later to complement the budding summer colony.Show Details
Mouse Island was for many years the summer home of the late Harry Emerson Fosdick, a nationally known theologian.