- Item 81073 - Monson Grammer School, Monson, ca. 1890
- Contributed by Monson Historical Society
- Item 81073
- 4687px x 2991px - 15.6"w x 10.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Monson Historical Society
The first Grammar school building in Monson was was built in 1867 and was located between the old Academy and the Congregational Church on Main Street. Between the church and school is the "old burying ground", Monson's first cemetery. This school building burned on March 31, 1899 and the replacement school was built on the other side of the Academy building.Show Details