- Item 80825 - Woodrowville School students, Rumford, 1925
- Contributed by Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
- Item 80825
- 5348px x 3270px - 17.8"w x 10.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
Students are pictured here on the steps of Woodrowville Grammar School in 1925. The school was formerly known as the Holland School. It was built in 1901 at a cost of $517. It was originally named for the gentleman who resided next door, but it was later renamed Woodrowville School in appreciation of Mr. Arthur D. Woodrow, who donated the land to be used as a playground and also the sum of $50 to grade it. The school closed in 1947.Show Details