- Item 7801 - Old Fort at Pemaquid Beach
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 7801
- 4385px x 3234px - 14.6"w x 10.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
The fort at Pemaquid Beach in about 1900.Show Details
The British built Fort Frederick in 1692. Indians and French soldiers destroyed it in 1696.
The fort was repaired, but destroyed again by Bristol residents shortly before the American Revolution.
It also was known as Fort William Henry, Shurt's Fort, Pemaquid Fort, and Fort Charles.