- Item 7533 - Map of Cape Elizabeth, Richmond Island area, 1884
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 7533
- 3405px x 4278px - 11.3"w x 14.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
James Phinney Baxter published this map in 1884 showing the area around Portland Harbor and the early land grants, including patents to Ferdinando Gorges, George Cleeve, Thomas Cammock, Josselyn, Trelawny, Rigby, Tucker, Goodyear, Bonython, Lewis.Show Details
The following houses are shown: Michael Mitton's, Cleeves, Winter's, Robert Jordan's and Scottow's fortification. Letters on the map indicate locations of events and buildings; Prout's house, Hunnewell, Seldon, John Libby, John Mills, Roger Deering's wife, etc.