- Item 74746 - Forest Avenue power station interior, Portland, 1900
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 74746
- 4804px x 2867px - 16.0"w x 9.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
The Portland Railroad Company electrified its Deering line on July 2, 1891 with power from a small plant in Morrill’s Corner.Show Details
In 1895 the company completed the larger Forest Avenue Power Station, and that same year completed electrification of the remaining railway lines.