- Item 74732 - Fort Halifax dam and hydro station, Winslow, 1909
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 74732
- 4512px x 3425px - 15.0"w x 11.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
In 1907 the Messalonskee Electric Company completed its first new hydropower investment, Fort Halifax Station on the Sebasticook River in Winslow.Show Details
In 1908 the station began providing power to several local interurban railways, which were major customers that provided almost half of the company’s revenues.
In 1910, Messalonskee Electric Company changed its name to Central Maine Power.