- Item 74438 - York County Power Co. employees, Biddeford, 1914
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 74438
- 3497px x 4362px - 11.7"w x 14.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
Employees of York County Power Co. are, from left, Ferdinand Octavius Bouthilette, also known as Pat Brown, the Biddeford Appliance credit manager; Ella E. Tarbox, bookkeeper and later office clerk; Marjoline Patten, office bookkeeper; Albert Cartier, store salesman and office boy; Elna Campbell, office bookkeeper; Frances E. Googins, supervisor of office bookkeeping; Jeremy G. Shaw, one of the company's founders; William E. Shaw, son of the founder and manager of the Biddeford office; Frances Buzzell, office bookkeeper; and Eve Cartier, Biddeford Store cashier.Show Details
Jeremy Shaw founded York Light & Heat Co., which was incorporated March 12, 1891. The utility later became York County Power Co., then became part of Cumberland County Power & Light in 1914, and finally, part of Central Maine Power Co.