- Item 6149 - Wyman Station, Bingham, 1929
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 6149
- 3930px x 3304px - 13.1"w x 11.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
Stretching 2,250 feet across the Kennebec River between Pleasant Ridge Plantation and Moscow, the 155-foot-high Wyman Dam was called a marvel of engineering when it began operating in 1931.Show Details
Shown here is a drawing from the Portland architectural firm of John Calvin Stevens.
The dam was named for Central Maine Power Company founder Walter S. Wyman (1874-1942).