- Item 59804 - Lewiston, Auburn, and Turner electric railroads, ca. 1928
- Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
- Item 59804
- 3350px x 4321px - 11.2"w x 14.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Seashore Trolley Museum
A hand-drawn map of the electric railway trackage in the Lewiston and Auburn area. The Auburn & Turner Railroad was opened the road in 1905. Considerable trolley freight and express traffic was developed along the line as evidenced by the many spur tracks into mills and lumbering operations. The road was taken over by the Town of Turner in 1920 and operated as Maine's only municipally operated street railway until abandonment of the entire line back to the Lake Grove connection in 1928.Show Details
This is Plate 17 of the Maine Electric Railway Atlas, drawn by Charles D. Heseltine and edited by O.R. (Osmond Richard) Cummings in 1970.