- Item 29280 - Laconia Mills boarding houses, Biddeford, ca. 1895
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 29280
- 3907px x 2841px - 13.0"w x 9.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
The boarding houses of the Laconia Mills, York Street, Biddeford, circa 1895.Show Details
Some of the residents can be seen about the doorstep of one of the homes.
The Laconia Mills were below the Pepperell Mills, on the Lower Falls end of the river and Main Street. These homes were directly adjacent to the entrance of the Laconia Mills, and steps away from the shops and amenities of Main Street.
The Laconia Mills were absorbed by the Pepperell Mills in 1899.