- Item 23391 - West Buxton dam, ca. 1912
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 23391
- 2920px x 4820px - 9.7"w x 16.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
The West Buxton Power Station on the Saco River.Show Details
Portland Electric Co. built the dam on the river in 1906 at the site of a former sawmill.
In 1912, Cumberland County Power & Light Co. purchased the power station. Central Maine Power Co. acquired the Cumberland County company in 1942.
The power station pictured here was replaced in 1947-1948.