- Item 20173 - First Parish meeting house, Portland, ca. 1821
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 20173
- 2927px x 5027px - 9.8"w x 16.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
This engraving shows the first church established in Portland (then Falmouth). Building for this church began in 1720 on the north corner of India and Middle streets in Portland.Show Details
This building was known as "Old Jerusalem." In 1825 a larger church was constructed near this building, but of granite, and the wooden building was taken down.