- Item 1164 - Peck's department store, Lewiston, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 1164
- 4336px x 3225px - 14.5"w x 10.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
This photograph shows Peck's department store, popularly known as "The Great Department Store."Show Details
The store was founded in 1880 in the Music Hall block on Lisbon Street, moved six years later to the Sands Block, and in 1899 to Main Street at Lisbon Street.
For many years, Peck's had the only Santa at Christmas.